Review: My Little Box - August 2016

It only feels like yesterday that I was writing my first blog review on the My Little "Coconut" Box from July.  Usually time seems to go in slow motion and I count the days until the next box but as I've been away on holiday, it has speeded up the process and my delivery was waiting for me when I got home!  Just what I needed to see after a two day journey home from the South of France!

The theme this month is "Friends" and the illustration on the box is of three girls laying on their inflatables, sipping cocktails and relaxing in the water.  The moment I saw the picture of the pink flamingo inflatable, I just knew I was going to love this box!
The first thing on top of the beautifully packaged bundle is a card with the words "In Girlsquad We Trust" on one side and on the other are a few paragraphs about girls supporting each other, how we work so well together and how the creators and founders of My Little Box came together to share their dream.  Underneath is the lifestyle magazine, My Little World, with its usual mix of hints, tip and fashion.
 The first item really jumped out at me as I just wasn't expecting to see it there... a packet of Propercorn popcorn.  Sweet and Salty is my absolute favourite and I had never tried this brand before.  This made it to the photos but was eaten shortly after and I have to say I really liked it.  At only 60 calories per pack I don't need to feel too guilty either.
The first lifestyle item this month is a beautiful travel sized nail kit.  The case is made of a PU style material and has a metal trim.  The design is very striking and it also has a sturdy metal clasp.  Inside are four miniature tools including a nail file and nail clippers.  I'm not sure what the other two tools do but I can Google them.  This is perfect for travelling and keeping everything together in one place.  I always tend to lose nail files when I've been away so I'm super happy with this.
The next lifestyle item really intrigued me.  I actually had no idea what it was until I read the description on the box and discovered it was a fisheye lens for a smartphone camera.  I'm known for my selfies and I can't wait to give this a go.  It also comes in a little canvas pouch to stop it getting damaged.
I was so glad to see the beauty items packaged up in a (very striking) little canvas tote bag as I can never have too many of these.  They come in so handy for travelling and popping things into to keep organised.  I have to say my heart sank just a little when I saw the Batiste bottle as I'm not a fan of dry shampoo but that will teach me to assume as it is actually Batiste's new hairspray.  I do use hairspray and I can be very fussy as to what types and brands I use so I can't wait to give this a go.  It is also a really handy travel sized can.
Next in the bag was a Comforting Cream from Kadalys which is a brand I haven't heard of before. The description says it's a face and body cream specially formulated for sun-parched skin and refreshes and hydrates all day long using a cocktail of banana, mango butter and hyaluronic acid.  The scent of this isn't overpowering at all and actually smells very fresh.  I have quite a few creams to try but I'll pop it in my products box and pull it out when I've finished my current skincare routine.

The last item is the one that got me the most excited though and leaping about my living room! My Little Box have managed to combine two of my favourite things and created a lip balm with pink flamingos on the packaging.  It has a very sheer strawberry pink colour and also contains SPF15.  There really isn't anything else I need to say about this.....it's a definite winner for me!
I am still absolutely loving My Little Box and the mixture of lifestyle and beauty items every month. 

If you'd like to have a look at previous boxes you can click here to visit the My Little Box website.  

Love Katherine xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!