Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette

This eyeshadow palette has featured heavily on my Instagram feed since I bought it at the beginning of the month... and there's a really good reason why......it's fantastic.  I didn't go into this purchase lightly either.  It was something I had been looking at for ages, reading and watching online reviews and making sure that if I was to succumb to the hype, it was going to be worth it.  And I can honestly say it really is. 

This is the third of the Too Faced Chocolate-themed palettes.  If you don't know the interest surrounding this palette, it isn't just the fact that they have such great colours, there is also the fact the eyeshadows smell like chocolate! Yep....chocolate!  I expected the scent to hit me as soon as I opened the lid, it doesn't (which I actually like as it isn't overpowering)... but once you pop your brush onto a shadow....oh my life.... it is just soooo good!  Cocoa powder is known for its anti-oxidant qualities and its ability as a mood enhancer and the eyeshadows are all infused with a cocoa powder formula.   

I picked this up in Sephora in the South of France when I was there on holiday.  I paid €44.00 which converts to around £37.83.  The palettes retail here at £39.00 so a tiny bit more expensive but no more expensive than the Urban Decay Naked palettes.  You can buy Too Faced Cosmetics here in the UK online at Debenhams.

The packaging is really just the cutest thing I have ever seen.  I'm not a huge fan of girly things like hearts and the colour pink (and this has both of those), but I just love it.  It has a pink metal tin with raised hearts on the cover and it's a sturdy feeling palette.  I'm pretty sure it will travel well and stay looking nice for a very long time.


Once inside there is a mirror on the inside lid and 16 eyeshadows, two larger rectangle ones and 14 super cute heart shaped ones. 

There are 5 matte and 11 shimmery shades to choose from and it also comes with a little booklet giving you three different looks to try out which I think is super helpful but to be honest, the options are endless.


The shade range goes from gorgeous neutrals to pops of bright pinks and berries and you can use this palette to create any kind of look, from a matte daytime subtle look to an all-out stunning night out look.

The formulation of these shadows is just incredible and they apply to the eye almost like cream.  They are soft, buttery and a dream to blend. 

My favourite shades so far have been Divinity (a matte nude cream), Molasses Chip (a beautiful gold shimmer) and Malted (a dark brown) but I've been able to use different colours for work, everyday and even a summer wedding. 

This has definitely become my go-to palette and I know I'll still be using this right into the autumn and winter.  The shade Blackcurrant looks the perfect shade for a Christmas party.


Have any of you used this palette or any of the Too Faced products?

Love Katherine xxx





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!