L'Oreal Pure Clay Masks

Last month I finally managed to get my hands on the new L'Oréal Pure Clay Masks.  They had been featured in the Look magazine I was reading and the fact that they were so cheap (£7.99) really appealed to me. When I bought these they were on offer at £5.00 each from Boots but they are back to their original price.  They are now stocked in Superdrug too though and are currently on offer at £5.29.

There are three masks in this collection: Glow, Detox and Purity and as the names suggest, they are targeted for different things.  You can use them separately or you can use all three in one go on specific parts of your face.  I would also say that all three of these are quite highly scented.  Personally I really like that but if you're someone who prefers unscented skincare then I don't think these would be for you.

Pure Clay Glow Mask (Brightens/Exfoliates)

This mask was the one that appealed to me the most.  I'm like a moth to a flame with anything that says it will brighten my skin so this was the one I was most excited about.  This has a blend of three pure clays (Koalin, Montmorillonite, Ghassoul) and this has red algae extract for a brightening effect (hence the red/orange colour).  I found the texture of this to be quite thin.  It contains exfoliating grains and it does feel a bit harsh when you smooth it on, but it dried nicely and evenly.  The instructions say to leave on for 5 to 10 minutes and I always tend to go with the maximum amount of time to make sure I get the most benefit.  I have to say though, I haven't really noticed any difference with this after I washed it off.
 Pure Clay Detox Mask (Detoxifies/Clarifies)
This mask contains the same three clays but is combined with Charcoal.  This is what gives it its terrifying black colour but it is used to draw out any impurities from the skin.  I loved the scent of this - it's very strong, almost like an expensive aftershave but I really don't mind that at all.  This one didn't dry fully in the 10 minutes I left it on but I think I may have applied it a bit too thick so will definitely go thinner next time.  It dries to a grey colour and washes off really easily. This one surprised me the most out of the three.  My skin looked so healthy and ironically, glowing after use.  I applied night cream before bed and my skin looked great in the morning.
 Pure Clay Purity Mask (Purifies/Mattifies)
As with the previous two this mask contains the same three pure clays but is combined with Eucalyptus extract.  This is used for its purifying benefits. I was really sceptical of this one as I generally don't like anything that says it will mattify my skin.  The colour of this one is the most normal (a pale green) and the texture is slightly different to the other two.  It's quite thick and I found it dried almost instantly on my skin when I was applying it so I worked quickly to cover my face.  Once fully covered, it dried to a mottled effect which was quite fascinating.  When this was washed off it left my skin feeling unbelievably soft and clean.
As a special treat 2-3 times a week I think my skin has really appreciated it and I have noticed a difference with how cleansed my skin feels.  I probably wont re-purchase the Glow mask but will definitely buy the Detox and Purity ones again.

Have you used any of these masks and what were your thoughts if you have?

Love Katherine xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!