September Favourites!

Hey everyone,

How are we even in October!! I just can't believe how quickly the year is flying by! I thought I would take this opportunity to gather together a few things that I've been loving in the month of September.  I always find September a bit of a quiet month in terms of make up and skin care as the weather hasn't quite changed and I'm still happy to use my summer products, but here's the ones that I've reached for over and over again...

Dr.Organic Rose Otto Face Scrub
I love this range from Dr.Organic.  It's available in Holland & Barrett and I stumbled across it by complete accident at the end of last year.  I absolutely love this face scrub.  It feels quite harsh on the skin when you first use it, but I just use the tiniest bit and rub it gently over my face about three times a week whilst I'm in the shower.  It costs £7.59 and is currently on Buy One Get One Half Price.   

Dr.Organic Rose Otto Lip Serum
Another product from the same range, I discovered this at the same time.  I'm a complete lip balm addict and always seem to be on the look out for the next best thing, but that stopped when I found this.  I have tubes of the stuff dotted around everywhere.  It's a lovely, moisturising lip balm that I absolutely adore.  I think this will be a monthly feature in all my "favourite" blogs.  This costs £4.49 and is part of the Buy One Get One Half Price offer.

Soap & Glory's The Scrub Of Your Life
This exfoliating shower gel came as part of the Soap & Glory "Whole She-Bang" Christmas gift set.  If you don't know, every Christmas Soap & Glory bring out some great gift sets.  I think there is usually one large set which usually retails at around the £60 mark (you do get a lot of things in them) but around the first week of December, Boots do some brilliant offers.  This was a Christmas present from my two little boys and I loved it.  I started using this shower gel after my summer holiday when my skin was feeling a little dry and parched.   It has the original Soap & Glory fruity scent and makes my skin feel really moisturised.

Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion
I've had this for so long, I had used it for a while and then gone onto something else and forgotten about it.  I came across it at the back of the cabinet around the end of summer and thought I'd try and use it up.  It's a seriously gentle, fragrance-free moisturiser that can be used alongside treatments for skin conditions such as eczema, acne, roseacea and psoriasis.  It felt quite oily when I applied it to my face but a little goes a very long way and it sinks in to leave skin feeling very moisturised.

Simple Kind To Skin Micellar Cleansing Water 
I have really enjoyed using this micellar cleansing water.  It's gentle on my eyes (I've used some different brands in the past that have really made my eyes sting) and does a great job of taking off my make up and leaving my skin feeling lovely and clean afterwards.  I've had this bottle for a good few months too so I think it's a great budget buy at £4.49.

L'Oreal Paris True Match Face Blush
I bought the shade 160 (Peach) for my 40th birthday in May and this has been a staple in my make up bag ever since.  I wanted a coral coloured blush and this is perfect.  It's so highly pigmented you really just need the lightest dusting to give a gorgeous coral-ley (is that a word?) flush.  There isn't any shimmer to it and it goes on like a dream.  I'm definitely going to try out some different shades of these.

Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipstick - "Belle"
This has been a rediscovery for me this month.  I'd put it to one side and then just happened to grab it one morning and I realised why I loved it so much.  The shade I have is "Belle" and it's a gorgeous glossy everyday nude colour.  The lipstick feels lovely and moisturising when it's on.  It's not long lasting and comes off fairly easily but with a built-in mini mirror there's no excuse for not touching it up!

Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow - "Creamy Beige"
This is my go-to everyday eyeshadow and doesn't fail to deliver.  It's a soft, creamy taupe/brown colour that I just pop on with my fingers and I'm good to go.  Even without an eye primer this stuff doesn't budge at all.  It's perfect for work or just for everyday when I don't want to go without make up. A great little product that's amazingly affordable at £4.99.

Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish - "Beige Babe"
I didn't realise there was such a nude coloured theme to my make-up picks this month but seeing it in writing there clearly is!  I love the Rimmel nail polishes - they are really long lasting and come in such a great variety of colours.  "Beige Babe" is a beautiful nude, almost brown, shade that is perfect for autumn.

I'd love to know if you have used any of the products I have mentioned and what you thought of them.

Love Katherine xxx





*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself* 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!