Review: My Little Box - December 2016

It's here!! The My Little Box I had been waiting for all year has finally arrived! I'm so sorry for the delay in posting my review of this, time has just slipped by with birthday and Christmas organising but I wanted to get this up before Christmas!

Firstly, the design on the box is just beautiful.  Every box I've received so far always has fab artwork but this is just so festive.  I have been saving all my boxes since I started my subscription in February and I'm running out of room so if anyone has any suggestions of what to do with these boxes I'd love to know as they are just too pretty to throw away!

Attached to the front of the box was a candy cane which my little boy claimed was his as he was off school feeling poorly when this was delivered.  It was a lovely touch to add to the outside of the box.

Once inside there was the My Little World Mini-Mag and a print which I have come to love receiving.  I frame my favourite ones and put them on the wall in my spare room.  This month's features a wintery scene with a cute little car and a festive message from the artist Kanako (who also does the artwork for the boxes every month). 
Lifestyle gifts this month were in abundance.  There are usually two items each month but in this month I had four! First up was a mini Tiptree Salted Caramel Spread.  I've never tried this before but think it will be perfect on toast on Christmas Day morning.  Next was a festive inspired tea from Kusmi which I can't wait to try. With orange peel, liquorice, vanilla and spice, it sounds perfect for the festive season. 

Next I came across a little muslin style drawstring bag by the brand Lou. Yetu which I'd never heard of before.  Inside is a gold cuff bracelet with a strip of green running through it.  I do like this item but I have to say I don't love it.  You can adjust it by squeezing it but my wrists are obviously tiny as it was still too big and started to look very out of shape.  I think I will put this in my gifting box as I don't think it's something I will get use out of.

The last lifestyle item made up for the slight disappointment of the jewellery and that was a gingerbread scented mini candle.  I am absolutely obsessed with candles (especially at this time of year) so I was super excited to see this.  However, my excitement was slightly jolted when I opened it up to find that the glass had broken but My Little Box Customer Service is amazing and a quick email to them and a week later a new one had arrived in pristine condition. 
Onto the beauty items and, as always, I was happy to see the drawstring bag as I just can't live without these!

The first thing I pulled out was a Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Flip Balm in Coconut.  I've never used these before but my friend has recommended them to me so I'm looking forward to giving this a go.  I think I'll wait until spring/summer though as I'm currently enjoying a gingerbread scented lip balm for the festive season.

The next item was from My Little Beauty and was a cute little eyeshadow duo.  The packaging is really cute and the shades (Shimmery Taupe and Deep Chestnut) look great for the Christmas party season and winter.  I haven't had a chance to try this out yet but I will do a further blog post on these once I've had an opportunity to use it.

My last beauty item was a little bit of a disappointment as it was another perfume sample (this time for Hyperbole by Courreges).  I received a perfume sample in my November box so I didn't expect to see another one so soon but it's hard to stay disappointed as this box was stuffed with extra gifts this month that do make up for that.
Overall, I would say this box was definitely worth the wait! Yes, there were two items in the box that didn't quite hit the mark for me but there were another five that did.  I'm already looking forward to seeing what a new year will bring in terms of My Little Boxes!

I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.

Love, Katherine xxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!