Favourite Fashion Items of 2016

Hey everyone,

I wanted to round off 2016 with two last blogs about "favourites" - my favourite beauty products of 2016 and my favourite fashion items of 2016.  I will link the beauty products blog here if you would like to have a read of the round up of things I have absolutely loved over the course of the year.

This one however is a bit of a strange one for me, as (and I'm sure I've mentioned it before), I hate writing the word "fashion" in any of my blogs but there's been a few events I've been to this year where I've worn an outfit that I've just fallen in love with and I really wanted to share that with you guys. 

The first thing that I will always remember 2016 for is my 40th Birthday.  I had the most amazing time and was spoilt rotten but my birthday party was just the most amount of fun I think I've ever had.  For someone who has never had a birthday party for fear of no one turning up, I bit the bullet and organised one and I'm just over the moon I did - I have the photos from the photo booth dotted all over my home and it just brings back some great memories. 

I wanted my outfit for this to be extra special (of course) and knew immediately that I wanted to wear a jumpsuit.  Once I get something into my head I really can't let go of it and knew it had to be a culotte style and after doing some serious googling I found one on the Ted Baker website that looked stunning.  I hunted it down in House of Fraser and tried it on and fell in love.  It's classy, classic, timeless and elegant - all the things I love when choosing an "out-out" outfit.  I can't wait to wear this again - I'm hoping in 2017 I will have an excuse to wear it not just once but a few times.
Next up was a dress I purchased slightly on a whim for my best friend's wedding.  I happened to be internet window-shopping on the Very website and this Miss Selfridge dress just popped up in the ad-bar to my right.  It was a bargain too at £70 so I ordered it thinking I probably wouldn't like it, and when it arrived I was over the moon.  The quality of the fabric is just lovely - it looks and feels much more expensive than it is and the cut was perfect for my shape.  It's fitted at the top with a small V at the back and a flared midi-length skirt which has a layer of net underneath.  The colour is a grey/silver with a slightly darker threaded pattern running through it.  I paired it with nude sandals and a rose gold and grey clutch I borrowed from a friend.  As with the jumpsuit I'm really hoping 2017 sees me attending an event in which I can wear this again.
The third fashion item I have loved this year was the biggest surprise - my £16 blouse I bought from Peacocks in the autumn.  I had seen it in a magazine and hadn't expected to like it but was so surprised when I tried it on.  It fits me beautifully and I just love the detail on it - the ruffles, the little buttons on the back of the neck.  I think this is definitely one of my most asked about tops and it always gets comments whenever I wear it.  I will link my separate blog post on this here.
Last but not least is a pair of leopard print boots from Primark.  Again, picked up on a whim when I was in there but I always think if you don't buy something when you see it, the chances are they won't have it if you decide to go back.  They were £12 and I think quite honestly one of the most comfortable pairs of boots I own.  I'm going through a bit of a leopard print phase at the moment and considering these were so cheap, I actually think they are a nice classy looking boot - not tacky at all.  I usually wear them with black jeans and a black top.
So that's it for 2016 - it's been such a great year, I'm really hoping 2017 brings good things.  I'd love to know if there's been any fashion items you've loved over the course of the year.

Happy New Year!

Love Katherine xxx



*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!