"Dew The Hoola"....or not!

Hey everyone,

As we are now officially in Spring (although it's absolutely freezing when I'm writing this) I tend to start thinking about all things "bronze" in terms of my make up.  I definitely favour a more matte look in the colder months and then go all out bronze/shimmer in the warmer months.  This is also the time that cosmetic brands start bringing out their new launches for Spring and Summer to lure us into that promise of sun-soaked days and summer holidays.

This post is about a much-hyped product that launched last year and the reason it's taken me so long to write this is because I've tested it....and tested it.....and tested it...because I wanted to love it...but I just don't!

Believe it or not, I'm talking about Benefit's Dew The Hoola liquid bronzer.  If you follow my blogs you will know I am a massive Benefit fan so to be disappointed in a product of theirs is hard for me to take! Let me give you a little information on the product itself though.

Dew The Hoola is a liquid version of the fantastic cult-classic Hoola Bronzing Powder which I absolutely adore so when I heard that Benefit were launching a liquid version I was completely over the moon.  I love the original powder but I do love a liquid product come the warmer months so it seemed the perfect alternative.  It's described as a "soft-matte liquid bronzer" and can be used all over the face to boost your bronze or it can also be used as a contour and sculpting product. 

The first thing I noticed about this when I got it is that it's quite runny.  As it's a pump bottle I found it pumped out way too much product so I wasted quite a bit on the back of my hand.  The second thing is...it has an orange tint to it.  I can't get my head round this at all! The Hoola powder is such a natural looking brown so as an alternative to the powder I expected this to be the same shade.

Firstly I tried applying to my cheeks with my fingers and blending it in but I found that during the day it turned very patchy.  Then I tried applying less product and with a contour brush but again, it turned very streaky and patchy during the course of the day.  In the end, I stopped using it but I couldn't bring myself to throw it away as a) it's pricey (£24.50) and b) the packaging is just adorable.

I came back to it a few months later in the hope something may have changed and tried really blending it in and taking a lot of time with it, but unless you blend it until it's actually not there anymore, it just turns patchy. 

I recently came back to it this month for one final go and used my Beauty Blender this time.  Instead of just using it on my cheeks I applied it where I would normally apply my bronzer which is my forehead, nose and chin but it just ended up looking patchy everywhere. 

I've resigned myself to the fact that this product is just not for me!  For me personally, the shade and consistency is just all wrong! If there's one thing I've learned though it's that I love my Hoola powder even more now.






Have you used this product? I'd love to know your thoughts or if you've been thinking of trying it.

Love Katherine xxx


Useful links:

Previous blog post:  Review: My Little Box - March 2017
Latest YouTube video: "Spring" Inspired Make Up Look

Follow me on social media below:

Bloglovin'
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook


*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself unless otherwise stated*






Comments

  1. Oh it does look very orange. Lovely packaging but I'll stick with the original powder xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep me too....definitely a lesson learned. Thanks for your comment:-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!