February Favourites!

Hey everyone,

I can't believe it's the end of February (and by the time you read this the beginning of March)!! It has quite literally snuck up on me and it was only when I started seeing blogs being posted that I realised!! I'm so looking forward to Spring now and can't wait to see some sunshine.
I have a mixture of things for my favourites this month.  I've discovered a couple of new make up ranges which I'm really excited about and I've also been reading a lot too.  I've tried so hard to try and make more time for myself and do the things that I'd like to do more of.  There is always a never-ending cycle of washing, ironing, cleaning and homework to be done but as my mum says "it will still be there in the morning"!

I Heart Make Up Range
I won't talk too much about this as I recently posted an entire blog about it which I will link here if you'd like to have a read.   

I love this range and think their eyeshadow palettes and blushers are just amazing!

Essence Cosmetics
As with the I Heart Make Up range I have also posted a HUGE blog post on my thoughts on this range.  I will link it here if you'd like to have a read.  This is a great bargain brand and I'm super impressed with the things I picked up.

The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking
"Hygge" (pronounced "hoo-gah" has literally taken Instagram and the world by storm.  It is a term used for how the Danish create a warm and cosy atmosphere in their lives (and as they are known to be the happiest nation on the planet I will definitely be taking their advice!).  This is a fun little book about how you can get some "hygge" in your life too so there will be definitely be more candles, coffee and cake in my life from now on. 

Hurrah for Gin by Katie Kirby
I absolutely loved this book! My friend lent it to me and I took it on holiday and I honestly haven't laughed out loud so much whilst reading.  As a mum to two boys I could relate to absolutely everything that was written....am I a good mum? Am I a rubbish mum? Do my children love me? Do they hate me? Why do school send out so many e-mails? The anxieties are endless and it was so reassuring to read someone else going through exactly the same feelings.  If you're a parent I can't recommend this book highly enough - it will have you in fits of laughter and even tears at times.

Garnier Skin Active Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask
I have been loving these single use masks since around January.  They cost £1.49 and are available in Superdrug and Boots.  I tend to use them once a week and they really help my skin feel moisturised and nourished.  Just pop it on and relax for 15 minutes then discard the mask and rub in any serum that is left into your skin.  I've bought a batch of these as I think they are fab value for money.

L'Oreal Age Perfect Golden Age Rosy Re-Fortifying Day Cream
This is quite a controversial product to be loving as it's aimed at women over the age of 60....and I'm 40...but I absolutely love this as a day moisturiser.  I borrowed some of my mums (again, a bit controversial) and it gives a gorgeous subtle glow to my skin before I apply a primer.  The scent is gorgeous too.  I'm really glad I tried this out as it's my new favourite moisturiser.  You can follow the link here to Boots if you'd like to find out more about this product.

And that's it for my February Favourites!  I feel like we are finally on our way to Spring and a little bit of warmth and colour in our lives!

I'd love to know if you've tried (or read) any of the things I've written about?

Love Katherine xxx

Useful links:

Previous blog post:  Brand Review: Essence Cosmetics



*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself*

Comments

  1. Fab choices. I love the Garnier masks - great value and delightful hydration xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much - they are definitely a great discovery xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter how much I believe in minimalism, I'm a shopaholic also

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!