IT Cosmetics "Your Skin But Better" CC+ Cream With SPF50

Hey everyone,

Firstly I want to start with an apology as I feel like I have been really off the blogging game lately.

I think with a very busy few months and in light of recent events in the UK, I've just felt unmotivated when it's come to blogging.  It's hard to get excited about what appears to be trivial things when so much hurt and evil is going on all around us but as the saying goes "life goes on" and without getting too in-depth, I guess we have to take a deep breath and go back to doing the things we love and make us happy so I'm back and today I'm going to be talking about the It Cosmetics "Your Skin But Better" CC+ Cream with SPF50 (the longest name for a product ever)😊
Recently I spent an amazing six days in New York and along with a lot of sightseeing there was also a lot of Sephora shopping! For some reason though I didn't take a list with me and when I walked into the first one in Union Square I was just completely overwhelmed with the sheer amount of beautiful-ness that was inside!  I floated over to the IT Cosmetics stand in a dream but knew I wanted to try out the CC+ Cream as it had come highly recommended from various beauty bloggers on YouTube.  IT Cosmetics have been unavailable in the UK but last week launched online at Selfridges which is great news.

I will give a brief description of the company before I dive into my thoughts on the cream.

The "IT" in IT Cosmetics stands for Innovative Technology and has been developed with leading plastic surgeons to create "clinically-proven, innovative problem-solving make-up and skin care products that harness cutting edge, anti-ageing technologies and high performance, skin-loving ingredients to provide you with serious beauty solutions that help you look and feel your most beautiful".  I have taken that straight from the IT Cosmetics website (which I will link here if you would like to have a look) but as you can see, it's claims are quite high.

So onto the "Your Skin But Better" CC+ Cream (full description is Colour Correcting Full Coverage Cream + Anti Ageing Hydrating Serum  SPF50 UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum Physical Sunscreen).  There are seven shades in the range-the lightest being Fair to the darkest being Deep.  I have a medium/olive skin tone so I swatched both the Medium and Medium Tan and decided on the Medium as my skin is still slightly fairer than normal due to the awful UK weather we've been having (although I'm writing this in 28 degree heat so things might be looking up)!  I paid $38 for the 32ml tube (roughly £29) so fairly pricey but not extortionate. 

I wanted to try this as soon as I bought it so the very next day I used it in my everyday make up.  First things first, I pumped a full pump and I definitely did not need a full pump, a half pump would have done just fine.  I also used my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to blend it in.  This worked ok and after a good five minutes buffing all the product had blended in.  I was quite happy to see the Medium shade is the perfect match for me.  Secondly, although this is described as "full coverage" personally, on me, I didn't feel this was full.  I do think however you could totally build this up and definitely get a higher coverage with more product.  I couldn't feel I had any product on my face and it was comfortable to wear and most importantly left my skin with a great dewy glow which I love in a face product.  I wore this all day and it remained comfortable and glowy until I took it off in the evening.

Since returning home and having all of my beauty tools to hand I've actually found I prefer to apply it with a damp Beauty Blender.  I don't think it gives any better finish but it just seems to blend quicker which is what I need everyday.

I have also used this for a night-out make up look and applied primer beforehand and powder to set and I love the finish it gives my skin.

I should point out that my skin condition is good and I'm lucky enough to not suffer with age spots, blemishes or enlarged pores so my review is based purely on how the products feels on my skin and the finish it gives.

So to sum up, I definitely think this cream has lived up to the hype.  I'm really pleased I bought it and I haven't used anything else since.  Although a little on the pricey side, with only needing to use a half-pump, the tube will last ages and is a great all-rounder product that can be used for various occasions.  I worry a lot about sun protection too so to know I have an added SPF50 is a great bonus.  IT Cosmetics are 100% cruelty free and suitable for sensitive skin types (although it's always worth checking the ingredients list if you do have sensitive skin, before purchasing).

I'd love to know if you have you tried anything from this brand before?

Love Katherine xxx

Useful links:

Previous blog post: Review: Lee Stafford Hair Growth Range "Scalp Scrub"
Lee Stafford Hair Growth blog posts: First Impressions and Update
Latest YouTube video: "Spring" Inspired Make Up Look

Follow me on social media below:

Bloglovin'
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook

*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself unless otherwise stated*










Comments

  1. I really want to try this, it sounds right up my street. Only worry I have is ordering without colour matching as my skin is pretty hard to judge. Great review though and I look forward to trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I totally understand - that's always a worry ordering online. Hopefully one day it will be available in the shops over here xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!