Review: My Little Box - June 2017

Hey everyone,

Today I'm writing a review on the June edition of My Little Box.  I missed last month's as it arrived whilst I was away but I'm back on schedule now.  Just in case you are reading this for the first time, My Little Box is a monthly subscription box and contains a selection of lifestyle and beauty items.  I will link my very first review post from July 2016 here and at the end of this blog if you want to catch up on any information on how the box works.
The (as always) amazing artwork, with the words "Los Angeles", gives a definite hint that the theme could be along the lines of a beach/surfer girl type vibe and I love the pastel pinks and greens in the colour scheme. 

The first item I pulled out of the bundle is a fold-out leaflet/poster/pull-out. I think it's advertising a blog under the name "Fringe & Frame" and gives a little bit of information about the lady behind the blog and things to do in L.A.  On the back is a hand-drawn map of L.A.  I'm not sure what to do with this so it may end up in recycling which is a real shame.

Next up is a cute pack of stickers.  I like stickers (I have a fair few) and they can jazz up a plain notebook so I'm ok about that.
Rolled up was a really cute little tote bag with a gorgeous leaf print and the words "Take Me Away" printed on it.  I will definitely get some use out of this as I don't always want to carry my handbag around with me so this is a lighter option.
The last lifestyle item is a cute beaded bracelet.  I love these in the summer time and the colours are striking and bright.  This item has actually inspired me to start beading again (that's something for another blog) but this was a pleasant addition.
On to the beauty items and this is where it all gets a little disappointing.  I really like the fact they are packaged in a little pink paper bag (almost like a pick "n" mix bag) but I do miss the tote bags as they are so useful.
Inside are the usual three beauty items but of the three, two are body lotions/oils.  Don't get me wrong, I really like body lotions and oils but I don't really expect two in one box and over my subscription, I have had a LOT of body creams.
The Coco Sunrise hair and body oil is by My Little Beauty.  It smells of coconut but I haven't tried it yet so I can't pass any judgement on this.  I may take it away with me but I don't tend to take oils away with me as I find sand just sticks straight to it. I'm sure I will use this at some point though.
The second body product is the Palmers Coconut Oil Body Lotion.  Personally I'm not a huge fan of Palmers.  It's a brand I used a long time ago and since then I have found other products I like better.  I will put this into my giveaway box as I probably won't use it.
The last beauty item surprised me as it's a travel-sized Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream by Burt Bee's.  I didn't know Burt Bee's did facial skincare so I will give this a try and it's a handy size to try out.**
I really think that My Little Box could have tied in the L.A./Surfer vibe so much better than these beauty items.  I would have loved to have seen something like a tinted moisturiser with SPF, an SPF hair protector or a waterproof cream blush - all things that you can take to the beach and use and as that's how I perceive the theme of this box to be, I really think they missed a trick.

Having said that, this is how I have felt with this subscription box for most of 2017 and a lot of the boxes have been OK but I want more than that... I want WOW!

I have decided to give the box one more month but in the meantime I am looking into different subscriptions for around the same price so expect one more My Little Box Review next month and then maybe it will be onto something new.

Have any of you tried a subscription box before?

Love Katherine xxx

**Before posting this I had a quick bath and tried out the Burt Bee's Cleansing Cream.  The smell is really sweet, which surprised me.  I thought it may smell of ferns or woodland because of the "Soap Bark" but it's almost like Refreshers.  But then it gets super menthol.  If you don't like that zingy feeling on your skin I would say this probably isn't for you.  It did leave my skin nice and clean but was so zingy it made my eyes water.  I will give this another go and see how I go but so far, I think it's a no from me on this one.

Useful links:

Previous blog posts: May Favourites!, IT Cosmetics "Your Skin But Better" CC+ Cream with SPF50
First My Little Box Post: Review: My Little Box - July 2016
Latest YouTube videos: New York Haul and New York Haul Part 2
Follow me on social media below:

Bloglovin'
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook

*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself unless otherwise stated*



Comments

  1. The tote bag and bracelet look lovely. I have heard good things about the Latest In Beauty subscription box and have been considering subscribing to them. It's a similar set up to the Love Me Beauty box where you select your own items xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you, I would have felt a little disappointed with these items. Im glad I saw this review as its another box that caught my eye. I have had the Latest In Beauty box a couple of months, and you get to choose your items. (I reviewed the first one on my blog if it helps) You can also choose how many items you would like to receive. It might be worth a look xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much for your comments on this post:-) I've read both your blog posts on the subscription boxes you are happy with and have decided to give them a go. I definitely think it's time for a change and the Latest In Beauty and Love Me Beauty boxes both look great. Thanks for your help guys xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!