January Favourites

Hey everyone,

So we finally made it to the end of January and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I hope it was ok for all of you, whether you chose to do some resolutions like "Dry January" or "No Spend" or you just needed to get through to the first payday since Christmas.

There are just a few things that I have been reaching for constantly in January and I really wanted to share them with you.  The first two things though are products I have written about previously so I won't repeat myself but I will send you in the direction of my previous blog posts.  They are (if you haven't guessed already) the Tanya Burr Gift Set (here) and my haircare favourites from Percy & Reed (here) but they have been staples in my everyday routines through January.
There are a few new products though and they are all skincare related.  The first being the Alpha-H Liquid Gold Rose Limited Edition.  This came in my Marks & Spencer Advent Calendar (I seriously recommend this advent calendar if your budget allows) and at first I thought it was a highlighter just by the name "Liquid Gold".  It's actually a concentrated skin treatment which you wipe onto your face after cleansing every other evening.  The rose scent is so soothing and it leaves your skin looking so fresh and glowing.  I will pop a picture below of me having applied it just after a bath and it's sch-amazing.  I will definitely be repurchasing this again but this little bottle will last ages as you only need the tiniest drop.  If you are interested in this product,  you can purchase it from Marks & Spencer and a 100ml bottle costs £37.00.


January is definitely a month that I love to look after my skin and another favourite has been the Body Shop Vitamin C Glow-Protect Lotion.  Formulated for "dull, tired, grumpy skin" it appears to be made for my skin right now.  With an SPF 30 it also protects too and I love the fresh orange scent.  It absorbs quickly without feeling sticky and doesn't leave any residue on my skin so it's the perfect skin prep for make up.  There are a few other products in this range, and as The Body Shop are always doing offers (I picked this up with 40% off-current price is £15.00) it's a great way to try out new things.
My last favourite has been the Soap & Glory Melty Talented Dry Skin Balm.  I have tried numerous "wonder balms" in the past and have always found them a little too thick or maybe the scent is a bit too herby (Boots Mediterranean Olive, Almond & Sage I'm talking about you), but this gets it spot on for me.  It's a huge tin for £5.00 and the consistency is exactly what I love in a balm - not thick or cakey feeling (I hate the feeling of Vaseline) but light, with a little wetness that sinks in without leaving that feeling of a film on my lips.  I have also been using this on my cuticles (hands and feet), my legs and if I have any spare on my hands I rub it through the ends of my hair.  I love the scent too - formulated with coconut and almond oils, it's sweet but not overpowering.
So those are my January favourites.  I seem to be pulled towards looking after my skin in January and I've really discovered some little gems that I will be keeping in my routine for much longer than just a month.

I'd love to know what products you reach for most in January.

Love Katherine xxx


Follow me on social media below:


*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself unless otherwise stated*

Comments

  1. Ohhhh I love the Alpha lotion, it was a great find in the calendar wasnt it! Thanks for sharing the lip balm too, Im struggling so much with dry skin and lips since I had the flu in January, i will pick one up tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!